There are a number of types of window and roller blinds. These offer good alternatives and options to keep out excess light, dust and insects. They also help with ventilation and to decrease energy bills as they are cool in summer and warm in winter as they do not allow the air conditioning to escape.
1. Pleated Shades: These are like roman shades and these kinds of blinds have material which is folded when it goes up and it is unfolded as it comes down. However, unlike roman shades, these pleated shades have sharper edges and like the name suggests, the edges are pleated and not rounded when it is extended fully.
2. Exterior Shades: These are used when the temperature of the home needs to be decreased as they block out heat. These are common on large windows as well as in porches. These are different to awnings however.
3. Aluminum Blinds: These blinds are not only durable but they also offer light control into the room. These come with head rails and that helps them integrated into the room more seamlessly.
4. Cellular and honeycomb shades are like diamond shaped cells and these come in a variety of colors. They are able to slide either from the top down or from the bottom to the top and they can be used in any room any time. These blinds also darken the room and come motorized as well.
5. Roller Shades are also called solar shades. These not only help the room to be protected from ultraviolet rays but they roll up and do not need a rope to pull them up. These roller shades are also put on rollers and they move either from side to side or from up to down.
6. Roman Shades are like accordion folds and they move up and down. They are very hard to clean.
7. Wooden Blinds are those which are made of bamboo or of maple or even birch. They help in the décor of rooms which have wooden settings.
What are the Benefits of Installing Window and Roller Blinds?
Roller blinds and window blinds not only control light and pollution but they also help to increase the insulation of the room and are used to make a great visual impact. Security roller blinds also offer additional protection against intruders and against burglars. These blinds are not only reasonable when it comes to the cost but also they match the window shapes.
These blinds are useful especially for kitchens and dining rooms to control the amount of light that enters the room. The blackout treatments are used for rooms which require total privacy and darkness so that you can sleep or watch movies without the light disturbing you.
Blinds have slats and some come without slats. There are cellular shades which allow the shade to give a view of the outside only when it is completely raised or completely lowered. Slats allow the light to stream in even if the slats are tilted.
Roller blinds and window blinds can be procured which match the shape of the window. Even if the windows are arched, the blinds can be made as per the size and the shape. This also covers those windows which are odd shaped.
There are different types of blinds that you can use in your living room, dining room, and in your bedroom depending on the need and the interior decoration. You can also customize different shades, colors and materials for the blinds, by buying them from the online portals. For instance, you can install the pleated and the roller blinds for conservatories, for blocking out the sunrays.